I’m Sinem Günel and I started at the exact same point where you are right now: zero followers, zero views and a lame first payment summary.
I published 9 stories to make a total of $17,65 back in 2018, not a great hourly rate, I know. But I kept going. I read hundreds of “How to get successful on Medium” posts, and even though they inspired me, none of them delivered actionable advice and noteworthy results. So I spent writing more than 200 articles for almost zero return for 1.5 years. In short: My writing experience was frustrating and didn’t pay off at all.
I wrote more awful than great pieces until I found out what truly matters. Editors as well as readers are always looking for the same characteristics in good stories and I put a lot of effort into understanding which these are.
I invested hundreds of hours analyzing the best performing blog posts, connecting with like-minded, successful writers, finding out how Medium works and how to write articles that inspire readers. However, in the end, it definitely paid off.
Make an income through your writing
Through Medium, it’s easier than ever before to get paid for your writing. You can focus entirely on writing great posts and building an audience that is really interested in your message.
Impress readers and editors
You will learn all the strategies that matter when creating a great article on Medium. Editors won’t ignore your pieces anymore and readers will love your work.
Save your precious time
When I started on Medium, I chose the path of trial and error. I invested 1.5 years into understanding what really works. The Academy will be a massiv shortcut for you.
- What is Medium and how did it evolve?
- Benefits and Opportunities of writing on Medium
- The Medium Paywall (Partner Program)
- The Medium front page
- What a writing career is NOT
- How much time will you dedicate to your writing?
- What's your goal on Medium?
- What to write about
- How to generate & store ideas
- How to build a writing habit
- How to write, format & publish a story
- Formatting Cheatsheet
- The Most popular Topics on Medium
- How top writers format their stories
- What is curation and how do I write posts that Medium will curate?
- The perfect length of a successful Medium story
- The power of headlines and how to write them
- What are publications and why are they so important?
- How to get published in major publications
- Medium Publication Cheatsheet
- How to create your own Medium publication and when to do it
- Understanding Medium stats
- How to promote your Medium stories externally
- How to use Medium Tags & What 'Top Writer Tags' are
- Top Writer Tags Cheatsheet
- The power of responses
- The power of an email list
- Your writing is never about you
- The PAS Formula for persuasive writing
- SEO tips to get external traffic
- The only writing tool you really need
- How to make money through Medium outside of the Partner Program
Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker and Coach